Tuesday, May 31, 2011

I didn't see that one from a mile away...

You know, I never thought I’d meet my soul mate so early on in life. In movies, the girl always has to jet away on some exotic beach vacation or get lost in the streets of London and then she’ll look up and a flicker will catch her eye, and that flicker will end up being eye contact of her prince that will soon sweep her off her feet and steal her heart for the rest of her days. It never follows a "they both grew up in the same town and it only took them eighteen years to meet" plot, because for whatever reason, Hollywood thinks that wouldn’t be exciting enough. I’m here to tell you that it would be, and it is. My story’s a little bit different than the typical prince falls in love with princess and they lived happily ever after - and much better, if you ask me.

Girl meets boy. Girl likes boy. Girl finally stops letting her silly mind games choose her fate and starts letting her heart run wild. Girl lets life take over the wheel and it leads her exactly where she’s supposed to be. Girl falls madly in love with boy. Girl wants to spend forever with boy.

And there it is, the story of my life and the one I’ll tell my kids at bedtime when they ask how I found my prince. I’ll tell them that he steps into your life without you knowing it the second you stop searching. That moment you turn your head and do something incredibly embarrassing and just kinda let go of the rules and routine and forget about the hunt for someone to keep you company?

That’s when he comes along and steals your heart outta nowhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment

come on, do it! you know you wanna...